1) Gather information about your audience
2) Get answers from your listeners
The best thing you can do to grow your podcast is answer questions from your listeners. Ask them in advance what they want to know and bring the topic up on air. You will be surprised at how insightful your listener’s advice is. And, by answering their questions, you are creating future podcasts that people want to hear. It’s a win-win situation!
3) Establish a schedule, routine, or pattern
4) Live social media is your best friend
Social media is where the future of content lies, and it’s an excellent tool for building a following before launching your podcast. After all, how many successful podcasts do you know that were made overnight? Live social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram are excellent platforms to leverage your followers and grow your audience ahead of time.
5) Invite guest to host episodes
A podcast is a great way to offer ongoing content that attracts new listeners, but don’t be afraid to feature a guest host every now and then. Guests can introduce the audience to your knowledge base from different angles, and new perspectives lead to better conversations. Here are some tips on how you can attract your favorite guest hosts:
6) Develop a story arc
Gavin Brown, who has successfully built up his podcast over the past five years, shares his best tips and tricks on how to grow your podcast. Here are some ideas:
1) Consistency is key–don’t skip a day or you’ll start feeling antsy about coming back.
2) Get personal and have guests on that people can relate to so they can learn from them.